What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Iso9001 For Retailers

Started by , May 05 2008 02:39 AM
5 Replies
Hi,

I have a friend who has his own shoe brand, and he has shops in several states in the country. He is interested in implementing ISO9001 for his brand. He is a good friend of mine and im hoping i can be of help. I have limited ISO9001 experience in retailer field.

Can anybody give some pointers??

Perhaps what should i focus on? How do i ensure implementation in branches of different states? Must internal audit be done independently by branches?

I have only a vague picture of what must be done. When i've delved deeper into this, i will continue to post my confusions

Rgds,
Eugene
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Supplier Traceability BRCGS 3.7.5 using ISO9001 8.5.2 ISO9001 - Master List of Records Would someone have a template for a recall procedure to ISO9001 standard? ISO9001:2015 meaning of exclusion Implementing ISO9001-2015 with BRC Packaging Standard
[Ad]

I have a friend who has his own shoe brand, and he has shops in several states in the country. He is interested in implementing ISO9001 for his brand. He is a good friend of mine and im hoping i can be of help. I have limited ISO9001 experience in retailer field.

Can anybody give some pointers??

Perhaps what should i focus on? How do i ensure implementation in branches of different states? Must internal audit be done independently by branches?

A bit of a scatter gun shot Eugene, but I'll try to give you some pointers. Well first you need a copy of the standard, I imagine the system processes and procedures would be exactly the same for each branch (so not too bad), and this would be wise to provide a consistent platform for benchmarking across the organisation and continual improvement. Ideally you would need someone at each of the branches to be the 'on site' management representative to ensure the system is operating effectively. The MR's could get together periodically to support each other and share best practice. Internal audits will need to be done at each branch and could be carried out by the MR or they could audit each other (again an opportunity to learn from each other and share best practice). That's it for now. Anyone else?

Regards,
Simon
Dear Eugene,

As Simon said, yr main question was a little, err, general.

Frankly, if you are starting from a low baseline and some financing is available, I would recommend some professional input. There is a wealth of advice on specific aspects / procedures for the standard on the web (if you hv time to study) but consultants can save a lot of implementation headaches.

Or perhaps seek another friend who has already "done" ISO 9000, not necessarily for shoes.

Rgds / Charles.C
As always, thanks for the feedback Simon. And sorry for the scatter shot. I was hoping to leave it open to get a wider range of opinions.

Simon, in a nutshell, this would mean that the ISO will be "micro managed" whereby every branch will act like a company by its own, therefore having its own "MR", HR, Purchasing, Incoming, Internal audits, Management Review and etc...

And im putting my bet that i can ignore 7.3 Design and Development since this retailer dont manufacture their own products
Thanks for the pointers Charles and Simon
The only requirement could be from customers. Whether required or not iso 9001 is applicable to any business.

Similar Discussion Topics
Supplier Traceability BRCGS 3.7.5 using ISO9001 8.5.2 ISO9001 - Master List of Records Would someone have a template for a recall procedure to ISO9001 standard? ISO9001:2015 meaning of exclusion Implementing ISO9001-2015 with BRC Packaging Standard Are Personal Performance Appraisals required by ISO9001:2015? ISO9001:2015 comparison with ISO22000 Has anybody dropped ISO9001:2008 and just used BRC issue 5? Documentation for ISO9001:2008 at two sites If we want to be certified FSSC22000 must we be certified ISO9001?