What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Want Any Help With Your Packing Love?

Started by , Sep 26 2004 09:36 PM
9 Replies
In most supermarkets these days the checkout person asks "Want any help with your packing love?' (substitute "love" for "mate" if male). They're programmed to say this, but you know most of them don't really mean it. I know they're programmed because a few weeks ago (on a big shop) the conveyor was full and I still had stuff in my trolley and the checkout assistant asked if I needed any help with my packing.

Normally I reply 'no thanks' even though I do really need it. I don't know if it's a man thing but under pressure I find it VERY difficult to separate the soft and hard things into bags. I usually get home and the breads been squashed out of all recognition by the beans or something. And I get into big trouble.

That's why this weekend I was relieved when the checkout assistant asked me to put the ‘closed' sign on the conveyor as I was getting the groceries out of the trolley and putting them on the counter. With the pressure of the next customers impatient glaring removed I felt confident I could cope with the deluge of groceries that was about to come my way. So I answered 'No Thanks.'

If I'd realised the checkout assistant hadn't had a break for almost four hours and had just ordered a couple of poached scabby dogs for lunch, I may have offered a different answer when asked the obligatory question. As it wasn't I hadn't and I didn't.

Well the speed and ferocity those groceries were jettisoned down the short runway was quite incredible. In no way was I prepared and as for segregating the groceries for preservation and protection...

I was at the point of complete overwhelmed-ness when a dodgy barcode gave me some respite, at this point I regained some composure and batted on (albeit with difficulty) to the end.

I know it's almost a week away but I'm already formulating different strategies for next weekends shopping expedition.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Working environment in IQF Packing Room Traceability for Packing Materials Packing process for a new beverage MAP Packing residual levels size variance Co-Packing Branded products
[Ad]
Say Yes

Say Yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK if the Checkout Assistant asks sincerely I'll consider it.

Regards,
Simon
Another really good way, doesn't help with your packing but the revenge element is there....

Don't pay until it is all packed, 9 times out of 10 they will then start helping you whether you asked for help or not!!

If you always try to go to the same person, they get to know you and help without asking!!

I really need to get out more and stop being such an evil so and so.

(by the way in Derby you get called duck, and Walsall you get called cock, regardless of sex)
Thanks for the tips duck. :D

Regards,
Simon
QUACK!!
In Leeds you get "love" even if its 2 blokes.

In Leeds you get "love" even if its 2 blokes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Applies to sheep as well.

Regards,
Simon
Don't even mention sheep in wales

Don't even mention sheep in wales

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't dream of it.

BTW I was OK with the packing at the weekend. She didn't ask and just helped.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Working environment in IQF Packing Room Traceability for Packing Materials Packing process for a new beverage MAP Packing residual levels size variance Co-Packing Branded products Outsourced manufacturing and packing HACCP plan Flash Frying Product and packing in High Risk Area Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Risks in Drink Packing Chocolate coating room and dry packing room zoning and gowning