What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Closure of HP factory in UK

Started by , Mar 20 2007 01:48 PM
5 Replies
Dear All,

The end of an era.

71% of the market and transfer of production out of UK. Very strange.

http://news.bbc.co.u...nds/6455815.stm

Rgds / Charles.C
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Can anyone share your identified OPRP or CCP in PET Bottle and Plastic Closure manufacturing Procedure for reopening a food business safely after an extended closure such as Covid-19 Stick pack / sachet closure integrity testing How to control or check sachet closure quality?
[Ad]

The end of an era.

Indeed. I find it strange moving production to the Netherlands, I don't envisage massive cost savings on labour. Perhaps they have a more modern factory there with capacity. It is a shame, HP sauce is very British.
Very sad.
I drove past this factory the other day. It looked like a Victorian factory and therefore it is probably difficult to maintain to the standards we expect these days.
I wonder if they will change the label as the current one, with a picture of the Houses of Parliament on, would indicate that the product was made in England and therefore not comply with legislation. I will look out for it.

Very sad.
I drove past this factory the other day. It looked like a Victorian factory and therefore it is probably difficult to maintain to the standards we expect these days.
I wonder if they will change the label as the current one, with a picture of the Houses of Parliament on, would indicate that the product was made in England and therefore not comply with legislation. I will look out for it.

Not sure if this is a new campaign, but they are advertising HP sauce on TV today. I could still see the Houses of Parliament on the bottle. Maybe they will change to images of clogs and tulips.
Dear Simon,

Yes, the investment involved in the promotion appears to be a particularly ironic aspect of this sad affair.
It is also stated in another link that sauce produced in the factory was already being routinely shipped in large-volume units to Holland, rebottled, and shipped back to UK with a 'Packed in Holland' marking. All very strange IMO.

Something like this on TV maybe -

(HP - Nature's Wonder)

or

(Saucy Girls)

Rgds / Charles.C

added - oops, bit larger than expected, sorry sir

added - oops, bit larger than expected, sorry sir

Charles the picture is absolutely perfect.

As for HP sauce I've made an executive decision. I shall buy it no more. I am going to change to Daddies sauce, a tasty alternative. All of the HP TV adverts are making me feel sick.

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Can anyone share your identified OPRP or CCP in PET Bottle and Plastic Closure manufacturing Procedure for reopening a food business safely after an extended closure such as Covid-19 Stick pack / sachet closure integrity testing How to control or check sachet closure quality? Glass Closure Procedure Actual Product Recall Final Closure Report NSF Changes time allowance for submitting evidence of BRC CAR Closure