• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 October 2024 - 01:40 PM

Hey all,

We are a low risk confectionery. A customer is asking to provide them with FSMA compliance statement, PFAS statement.

Any idea or examples you can share? Thanks! 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,911 posts
  • 1179 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Home now on Martha's Vineyard Island/Republic of these United States

Posted 22 October 2024 - 02:46 PM

Ah yes, regulations are coming on the forever chemicals issue - in the meantime a template can be found on www.DocHub.com

And, more information can be found here:

https://www.bing.com...DAVST&ptag=1116

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC

-SQF System Development, Implementation & Certification /Internal Auditor Training /eConsultant Retainer

Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachussetts

Republic of these United States (restored)

www.GlennOster.com | 774.563.6161 | glenn@glennoster.com | https://glennoster.website3.me/

kconf

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 October 2024 - 03:27 PM

What does FSMA compliance statement look like? I've never had this request before. 

acarver

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 7 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 October 2024 - 03:44 PM

When I get stuck, I ask AI to get me started and then edit to make it work for my company. This is what I got when I asked: 

FSMA Compliance Statement

At [Company Name], we are fully committed to ensuring that our operations meet the highest standards of food safety as mandated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). We recognize that FSMA's regulations are essential in protecting public health by preventing foodborne illnesses, and we have implemented comprehensive policies and procedures to meet or exceed all FSMA requirements.

Our FSMA compliance measures include:

1. Preventive Controls: We have established and implemented preventive control measures across all levels of our food production and supply chain operations to identify and mitigate potential hazards.
  2. Food Safety Plan: Our food safety plan is designed in accordance with FSMA’s guidelines and is reviewed regularly. It includes a hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls (HARPC) to ensure the safety of our products.
  3. Supply Chain Program: We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that they, too, are in compliance with FSMA standards, conducting regular audits, inspections, and monitoring to maintain safety at every stage of the supply chain.
  4. Record Keeping: We maintain comprehensive records in accordance with FSMA’s requirements, ensuring transparency and accountability across all processes.
  5. Training: Our employees are trained on food safety practices, including the specific requirements under FSMA, to ensure that everyone is knowledgeable and compliant with the latest food safety protocols.
  6. FDA Inspections: We welcome and comply with all FDA inspections, cooperating fully to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to food safety.

By adhering to FSMA regulations, we are dedicated to producing safe, high-quality food products for our customers. Our proactive approach to food safety underscores our commitment to maintaining the integrity of our products and protecting public health.

For further inquiries regarding our FSMA compliance efforts, please contact [Compliance Officer or Department] at [Contact Information].

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 176 posts
  • 67 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 October 2024 - 09:35 PM

I use this statement in a letter of guarantee.  

COMANY NAME hereby guarantees that all products and all shipments of same, hereinafter sold, distributed, and/or supplied by COMANY NAME for human consumption and use do and shall at the time of delivery thereof, comply with the United States Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, including, without limitation, the Food Safety Modernization Act; that all such products are not articles which may not be introduced into Interstate commerce under provisions of said act.  All products produced by COMANY NAME are in full compliance with the United States Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Chapter 1, Subchapter B. Part 117 – Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls.

For PFAS: 

Get some assurances as part of your supply chain controls from your ingredient & packaging suppliers, also review any chemical applications within your facility.  You can then make an accurate assessment on PFAS and create a general statement on the subject for your customers.  If this becomes a moot subject from the supplier review you can draft something similar to the attached.  

Since your on the subject Prop65 is also another California reg you should be in compliance with.  

Attached Files

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users