What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nominated Non-Audit Days

Started by , Oct 16 2024 01:46 PM
8 Replies

We are due to have an unannounced audit between January and May.  I want to nominate some non-audit days but need a justifiable reason.  It states that the reason cannot be due to a specific colleague being absent.  The fact is that I have ownership of the standard in our 'small' company and though i have a designated deputy in my absence, he is semi-retired and therefore not always here.  There is a day or two that I cannot be here due to medical appointments etc.. Any thoughts on how I can justify these days as non-audit days?  Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

If the main practitioner (you) isn't available, the auditing agency should be okay with the dates you won't be availiable for and will work around them.

I have been able to negotiate those days with SQF and NSF.

1 Like

hi ;) 

for example 

- site customer visit 

- customer audit 

;) 

1 Like

Ideally, you should schedule the alternate practitioner to be on-site during your absences.  This would be the purpose of training and naming them in your program.

As others have hinted, you can find acceptable reasons to blackout other dates.  I'm sure some customer told you they'd be visiting certain dates, or your plant might have some employee appreciation days scheduled that had to be rescinded due to the volume of orders...

1 Like

January and May

That seems like a exceptionally large window. Is this a GFSI certification? Maybe if we could look up specifics for the audit, we could help more? 

1 Like

Hi Norma,

Planned customer visit is given as an example in the standard, also note that you only need to give 4 weeks’ notice if that helps.

BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6

3 Unannounced Audit Protocol:

3.1.4 Nominating non-audit days

The unannounced audit programme allows sites the opportunity to nominate 15 days when the site is not available for an audit.

The dates must be provided at least 4 weeks in advance and the reason must be provided (e.g. a planned customer visit).

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Thanks all,

@setanta, Its a BRCGS Packaging Standard Audit.

I will take all advice above gratefully.  I hadn't considered the 4 weeks notice so that helps.

Our main problem is that if they arrive before April 1st we will be audited to the current standard, however, it it is after April 1st, it will be to the new issue of the standard which launches on 28th of this month. 

Fun times ahead!

Thanks again,

Thanks all,

@setanta, Its a BRCGS Packaging Standard Audit.

I will take all advice above gratefully.  I hadn't considered the 4 weeks notice so that helps.

Our main problem is that if they arrive before April 1st we will be audited to the current standard, however, it it is after April 1st, it will be to the new issue of the standard which launches on 28th of this month. 

Fun times ahead!

Thanks again,

Hi Norma,

It will be Issue 7 from April 28th onwards, not the 1st.

From the BRCGS Website

There will be a six-month transition period for sites and auditors to review the standard, complete training and prepare before the first audits are performed. Therefore, Global Standards Packaging Materials Issue 7 audits will commence on 28 April 2025.

Kind regards,

Tony

@Tony-C  I hadn't spotted that.  That certainly helps. Thank you so much.

Similar Discussion Topics