Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 16 October 2024 - 01:46 PM

We are due to have an unannounced audit between January and May.  I want to nominate some non-audit days but need a justifiable reason.  It states that the reason cannot be due to a specific colleague being absent.  The fact is that I have ownership of the standard in our 'small' company and though i have a designated deputy in my absence, he is semi-retired and therefore not always here.  There is a day or two that I cannot be here due to medical appointments etc.. Any thoughts on how I can justify these days as non-audit days?  Thanks in advance.

amathon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2024 - 03:59 PM

If the main practitioner (you) isn't available, the auditing agency should be okay with the dates you won't be availiable for and will work around them.

I have been able to negotiate those days with SQF and NSF.

Dorothy87

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing

Posted 16 October 2024 - 07:45 PM

hi ;) 

for example 

- site customer visit 

- customer audit 

;) 

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 837 posts
  • 220 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2024 - 07:50 PM

Ideally, you should schedule the alternate practitioner to be on-site during your absences.  This would be the purpose of training and naming them in your program.

As others have hinted, you can find acceptable reasons to blackout other dates.  I'm sure some customer told you they'd be visiting certain dates, or your plant might have some employee appreciation days scheduled that had to be rescinded due to the volume of orders...

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,730 posts
  • 383 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 16 October 2024 - 08:31 PM

January and May

That seems like a exceptionally large window. Is this a GFSI certification? Maybe if we could look up specifics for the audit, we could help more? 

-Setanta         

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,462 posts
  • 1345 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted Yesterday, 02:54 AM

Hi Norma,

Planned customer visit is given as an example in the standard, also note that you only need to give 4 weeks’ notice if that helps.

BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6

3 Unannounced Audit Protocol:

3.1.4 Nominating non-audit days

The unannounced audit programme allows sites the opportunity to nominate 15 days when the site is not available for an audit.

The dates must be provided at least 4 weeks in advance and the reason must be provided (e.g. a planned customer visit).

Kind regards,

Tony

My Next Live Training Webinar is: Practical HACCP Training for Food Safety Teams on Tuesday, October 22, 2024 - Great value at only $97USD per person.

Celebrating 15 years of IFSQN Implementation Packages: IFSQN BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, ISO 22000, SQF (Food, Packaging, Storage & Distribution) Implementation Packages - The Easy Way to Certification

NormaO'Brien

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 AM

Thanks all,

@setanta, Its a BRCGS Packaging Standard Audit.

I will take all advice above gratefully.  I hadn't considered the 4 weeks notice so that helps.

Our main problem is that if they arrive before April 1st we will be audited to the current standard, however, it it is after April 1st, it will be to the new issue of the standard which launches on 28th of this month. 

Fun times ahead!

Thanks again,

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,462 posts
  • 1345 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Thanks all,

@setanta, Its a BRCGS Packaging Standard Audit.

I will take all advice above gratefully.  I hadn't considered the 4 weeks notice so that helps.

Our main problem is that if they arrive before April 1st we will be audited to the current standard, however, it it is after April 1st, it will be to the new issue of the standard which launches on 28th of this month. 

Fun times ahead!

Thanks again,

Hi Norma,

It will be Issue 7 from April 28th onwards, not the 1st.

From the BRCGS Website

There will be a six-month transition period for sites and auditors to review the standard, complete training and prepare before the first audits are performed. Therefore, Global Standards Packaging Materials Issue 7 audits will commence on 28 April 2025.

Kind regards,

Tony

My Next Live Training Webinar is: Practical HACCP Training for Food Safety Teams on Tuesday, October 22, 2024 - Great value at only $97USD per person.

Celebrating 15 years of IFSQN Implementation Packages: IFSQN BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, ISO 22000, SQF (Food, Packaging, Storage & Distribution) Implementation Packages - The Easy Way to Certification

NormaO'Brien

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

@Tony-C  I hadn't spotted that.  That certainly helps. Thank you so much.

Share this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users