What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Worker rotation in a cold room

Started by , Yesterday, 02:59 AM
5 Replies

Hi all, 

we have a "warming area"  in cold room is for cold room's worker take a rest in case there are feel cold. May i know what is the correct way  to have this procedures in place, etc, how frequent to do worker rotation that stay in warming area, how long going to be stay in it?  

Thanks in advance 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lone worker alarm device? Can a worker continue to perform their work with Hepatitis B infection? Can a worker wear a silver religious cross around his neck in production? Level of access for a contract worker, e.g., construction Micro. Limits for Worker hands in Food packaging
[Ad]

We have a break room.

Hi carine,

For cold areas worker would normally be provided with adequate clothing to protect them from the cold. There should be warm staff facilities provided elsewhere.

I would be more concerned about rotation for personnel working in frozen storage areas.

Kind regards,

Tony

We have a break room.

May i know how long to be allowed for the break? 

I have heard of places allowing for 10-15 minutes per hour, depending on the temp and their own protective clothing..

Workers should have protection first and foremost. A snowmobile suit perhaps??

You really should be looking at your local regulations for occupational health and safety on this

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lone worker alarm device? Can a worker continue to perform their work with Hepatitis B infection? Can a worker wear a silver religious cross around his neck in production? Level of access for a contract worker, e.g., construction Micro. Limits for Worker hands in Food packaging Yeast and Mold limit on Machine and Worker's Hand Requirements related to nose piercing in production worker Sanitation Worker Training Videos Worker returning after injury with leg brace...what controls required? Hairnet for maintenance worker vs. Hard hat vs. cap