What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

International Data Collection for Salmonella, E.coli O157, L.Monocytog

Started by , Sep 11 2006 06:39 AM
4 Replies
Dear All,

If anyone is interested, I came across a huge data collection which was a result of a compilation from international literature regarding Salmonella spp, E.coli O157, L.monocytogenes in farm-to-retail locations for meat items although chicken figures seem to have been excluded. Tables 4, 8 and 12 (the last wrongly captioned I think) are for ready-to-eat products.
Among the highlights (to me) - not recomended to eat pork chorizo (?) in Mexico (T4).The Salmonella, E.coli O157, RTE results, eg for UK, USA look good numerically (ie on average) but such data is obviously overwhelmed in the event of specific outbreaks. The L.monocytogenes results are, perhaps not surprisingly, considerably more variable and suggest that the decision to set a non-zero tolerance would have surely been welcomed by the British pork sausage (T12) .
The link is data_collection.pdf   173.66KB   46 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? Regulated and non-regulated International allergen requirements Introduction to International Food Safety & Quality Network International shipping delivered wet and moldy Hello International Food Safety and Quality Network folks!
[Ad]

Dear All,

If anyone is interested, I came across a huge data collection which was a result of a compilation from international literature regarding Salmonella spp, E.coli O157, L.monocytogenes in farm-to-retail locations for meat items although chicken figures seem to have been excluded. Tables 4, 8 and 12 (the last wrongly captioned I think) are for ready-to-eat products.
Among the highlights (to me) - not recomended to eat pork chorizo (?) in Mexico (T4).The Salmonella, E.coli O157, RTE results, eg for UK, USA look good numerically (ie on average) but such data is obviously overwhelmed in the event of specific outbreaks. The L.monocytogenes results are, perhaps not surprisingly, considerably more variable and suggest that the decision to set a non-zero tolerance would have surely been welcomed by the British pork sausage (T12) .

Rgds / Charles.C

It's all greek to me Charles.
Can you explain to a layman what you mean about the British banger?

Simon

Dear All,

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles,

thanks for this very interesting document!!!

Regards,
Max
Dear Simon,

Look at table12 > Species > Pork > 13th Sample (shd = Sausages, UK) > %positive (=49)

Notice that the ref. is to Anon, possibly still recovering.

The Irish, Slovakian / Singaporean (mixture unknown ! ) ones did a lot better.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Simon,

Look at table12 > Species > Pork > 13th Sample (shd = Sausages, UK) > %positive (=49)

Notice that the ref. is to Anon, possibly still recovering.

The Irish, Slovakian / Singaporean (mixture unknown ! ) ones did a lot better.

Thanks Charles, I was actually quite amazed when I looked at the 'meat' content of our tasty bangers, 20-30% is pretty much the norm, although I found some real tasy ones at Aldi that have 80% meat content. Mind you I don't know what constitutes meat...

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? Regulated and non-regulated International allergen requirements Introduction to International Food Safety & Quality Network International shipping delivered wet and moldy Hello International Food Safety and Quality Network folks! Restaurant Brands International Vendor Audit International Standards for Freeze Dried Strawberries International Standard for the Kilogram Can anyone share their food defense plan with International Adulteration requirements? Due to increasing number of affected Coronavirus, what is your BCP for your local and international suppliers in case covid extends for the whole year