• Quick Navigation
Photo

How Can I Reduce the Frequency of HACCP Deviation Reports?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

oahr1996

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 October 2024 - 06:25 PM

Hello,

I have questions on when to do a HACCP Deviation Report. Right now our documents say to document corrective actions on a HACCP Deviation Report. Our critical limits is no unusual findings on a sifter screen so everything seems to be very broad. How can I minimize the amount of times a HACCP Deviation Report has to be written up?

kconf

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 286 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 October 2024 - 06:48 PM

So you are getting unusual findings on a sifter? What are you processing? 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 963 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 October 2024 - 07:00 PM

Normall what I have seen for a CCP for a sifter screen would be the size of the screen / and that the screen is intact.   If the screen is not intact its letting FM through.  

You should /shall still document findings and investigations.   Reduce investigations - find the root cause of the unusual findings and eliminate? Perhaps better defining "unusual" or giving the task to a more knowledgeable person that is better suited to decide what is unusual or a health hazard.   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

oahr1996

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 October 2024 - 06:03 PM

No unusual findings on the sifter, but every time there is any type of unusual finding a HACCP Deviation Form has to be filled out per our documentation and we are trying to figure out how to lessen the amount of deviation reports to be filled out. Unusual findings is defined in our documentation as anything other than metal dust like bolts, metal fragments, etc.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,455 posts
  • 1344 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted Yesterday, 05:36 AM

Hi oahr1996,

Why don’t you have a daily log of the sifter findings, with observations/comments and have a responsible person inspect the retained findings daily.

That person can then decide whether to record their assessment on that log or escalate to a Root Cause Investigation/Corrective Action Request if the findings are significant.

Kind regards,

Tony

My Next Live Training Webinar is: Practical HACCP Training for Food Safety Teams on Tuesday, October 22, 2024 - Great value at only $97USD per person.

Celebrating 15 years of IFSQN Implementation Packages: IFSQN BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, ISO 22000, SQF (Food, Packaging, Storage & Distribution) Implementation Packages - The Easy Way to Certification

oahr1996

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 PM

So instead of doing a deviation report every single time for any "unusual" findings I could do a daily log instead for that and then escalate to a deviation report for critical? 

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users