What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How Can I Reduce the Frequency of HACCP Deviation Reports?

Started by , Oct 10 2024 06:25 PM
5 Replies

Hello,

I have questions on when to do a HACCP Deviation Report. Right now our documents say to document corrective actions on a HACCP Deviation Report. Our critical limits is no unusual findings on a sifter screen so everything seems to be very broad. How can I minimize the amount of times a HACCP Deviation Report has to be written up?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do we need to include addictive/preservative on process flow chart or HACCP plan Do Bottling Lines Necessitate Separate HACCP Plans? Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? HACCP vs PCQI Training
[Ad]

So you are getting unusual findings on a sifter? What are you processing? 

Normall what I have seen for a CCP for a sifter screen would be the size of the screen / and that the screen is intact.   If the screen is not intact its letting FM through.  

You should /shall still document findings and investigations.   Reduce investigations - find the root cause of the unusual findings and eliminate? Perhaps better defining "unusual" or giving the task to a more knowledgeable person that is better suited to decide what is unusual or a health hazard.   

1 Thank

No unusual findings on the sifter, but every time there is any type of unusual finding a HACCP Deviation Form has to be filled out per our documentation and we are trying to figure out how to lessen the amount of deviation reports to be filled out. Unusual findings is defined in our documentation as anything other than metal dust like bolts, metal fragments, etc.

Hi oahr1996,

Why don’t you have a daily log of the sifter findings, with observations/comments and have a responsible person inspect the retained findings daily.

That person can then decide whether to record their assessment on that log or escalate to a Root Cause Investigation/Corrective Action Request if the findings are significant.

Kind regards,

Tony

So instead of doing a deviation report every single time for any "unusual" findings I could do a daily log instead for that and then escalate to a deviation report for critical? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Do we need to include addictive/preservative on process flow chart or HACCP plan Do Bottling Lines Necessitate Separate HACCP Plans? Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? HACCP vs PCQI Training Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? CCP in HACCP Process Microbiological Testing and HACCP for Ice Pops If a customer reports finding metal in a product how should you decide whether to initiate a recall?