What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do the number of bottling lines determine the number of HACCP plans

Started by , Today, 05:13 AM
4 Replies

We have 4 wine bottling line Line-1 is advance and have cork and wirehood installation machine,labelling, line -2 is simple with rinser,filling,screw capper,labelling, line-3 again with rinser,filler,capper and labelling , and line-4 is canning line .there is difference in number of rinsers, no of nozzles for filler and types of filler ..so according to this do I need to make 4 HACCP Plan or manual for each line ? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? HACCP vs PCQI Training Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance?
[Ad]

;) 

Hi, 

I don't think so, as long as process is the same (you can add extra steps) you should have 1 HACCP plan. 

;) 

2 Likes

If the lines are fundamentally the same, you should not need a HACCP plan for each line. I agree with Dorothy87.

Your flow chart is where you can describe the slight difference in steps between the lines, and in steps 5/6/7/8 you label those steps with the line number they impact

1 Like

We use one plan for several different styles of packaging, and different types of packaging machines.  As a general rule I keep descriptions simple and use generalized language for most flow chart and risk analysis documents -- to make it easier to apply to multiple different mechanical systems that all do the same type of process.  

In a flow chart some steps can be optional, or not apply to all products.  As long as you can describe to an auditor which steps apply to which products, I wouldn't expect there to be a problem.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? HACCP vs PCQI Training Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? CCP in HACCP Process Microbiological Testing and HACCP for Ice Pops Challenges in Non-Viable Air Sampling in Compressed Air-Nitrogen Lines How can you determine the overall risk rating in the SSAFE tool’s output sheet, and should a high rating in one area be considered high overall? Seafood HACCP Plans