What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

CCP for product temperature

Started by , Yesterday, 11:22 PM
2 Replies

We produce some raw products that will eventually be cooked by the consumer.  Ground beef, steaks, roasts, corned beef, and some raw sausages.  We currently have a room temperature SOP and corresponding CCP's.  We have a CCP-RNI(Raw Non-Intact) and a CCP-RI (Raw Intact).  Both of these monitor the internal temperature of the meat.  The current limit is 45°F.  We use the Tompkin report as our support.  I would love to get rid of it completely, but we have not got long enough without having to do a corrective action.  So, I want to raise it to 50°F because our room temp goes up and down throughout the day.  I believe the Tompkin report still will support this.  Doing that would then put a time limit on how long the meat can stay in process before pathogen growth can occur.  I don't really have a question, just want some input. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sampling pipes conveying dry product Storage temperature of shell eggs per the CFIA Temperature Control of Raw Meat Effects of High UHT Milk Packing Temperature Time & Temperature Guidelines for Ground Meat Processing
[Ad]

non intact has a much shorter growth timeline than intact  

You need to separate out ground from all the other cuts, and I would really hesitate to handle ground at 10C all day long

Here is the answer you seek

https://ask.usda.gov...ge-Temperatures

Deviating significantly from the reference material will likely require validation.  

You will definitely incur an inverse time limit as you raise temperatures.

What is behind your ambient temperature fluctuations?  Perhaps the solution/root cause is a refrigeration/HVAC upgrade if you keep having deviations requiring corrective actions.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Sampling pipes conveying dry product Storage temperature of shell eggs per the CFIA Temperature Control of Raw Meat Effects of High UHT Milk Packing Temperature Time & Temperature Guidelines for Ground Meat Processing Product Listing on SQF Certificate for Co-Packers Improving Final Product Release Process 2 CCPs with the same minimum temperature requirements What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? Selling Food Grade product to distributor for internal use following repackaging