What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Newby -Introducing Myself

Started by , Oct 04 2024 10:43 PM
1 Reply

Hello everyone, my name is Jenny.

I am the Quality Manager for a hemp derived manufacturing facility here in the Pacific Northwest. I've worked in the food and beverage business for 21 years, various types of business management for 13 years, and have also been an educator for 8 years. I have been working in the hemp manufacturing industry now, since 2018. It consistently stays challenging and it is also very rewarding. I absolutely love it. I have learned so much, and I'm a true believer in life long learning.

Industrialized hemp doesn't fit into one particular box. We have to follow several standards for pharmaceutical drugs, but it is not technically a pharmaceutical. The FDA has approved1 prescription cannabis drug and 2 cannabis prescription drug products that can only be prescribed by a licensed healthcare provider, but this doesn't mean that all things made with cannabis are now a pharmaceutical drug.

We also follow standards for dietary supplement(s) (nutraceutical or ingredient), but it cannot be marketed or regulated as such.  Derivatives of industrialized hemp are already FDA approved as a prescription drug and it cant be classified as both a drug and a dietary supplement.

We follow food safety standards, yet it isn't food, although it can be, and often is consumed. I can't forget about animal food and animal drug standards? It is often used in both. My dogs, Scooby and Bee both love CBD bacon or chicken flavored tinctures. Scooby, my older arthritic and epileptic dog, well he has to have it. It helps him tremendously, for his joints and mobility. His seizures still happen, but not nearly as often. Then there's the cosmetic standards. Now, it isn't a cosmetic, but it is a main ingredient in several of them. 

I look forward to getting to know the community here, and learning from each other. 

Now for a funny story: I was traveling for work a few months ago, and I packed my full spectrum CBD, CBN tincture to help me sleep at night. Especially, just incase the hotel has no sound barrier from the noisy hallway. At the hotel that night, I got ready for bed and took a dropper full of my tincture. A strange and unfamiliar taste, and heavy texture was in my mouth. Where was the light and fruity aromatic flavonoid? What is happening? Panicked, I run into the bathroom and spit and rinse and brush my teeth and rinse and spit some more. Did my drops expire, what is happening? Well folks, it's very important to read your labels. I mixed the dog tincture up with my own. I do learn the majority of my lessons the hard way.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hi Jenny 

Welcome and interestingly enough I was just reading an article about how HEMP will replace Lithium for manufacturing batteries.

Considering the ill-fated potential land grab that has just failed and is failing here in Western North Carolina I'm all for that!

While we ran a logistics business in Panama we were the first business to attempt to import CBD tinctures and then CBD foods. the use of Hemp for rope and reinforcing steel was already in wide use, so we thought why not.

That was until the import police came calling and wanted to toss us in jail.

Funny story - kinda like my friend that went on a business trip and thought he packed spray deordersnt... but in his haste he had grabbed a spray can of glue... 

Welcome - its a great business to be in!

Similar Discussion Topics