What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Automatic Failure for X-Ray Machine During Initial Audit

Started by , Today, 03:44 AM
0 Reply

Hi everyone,

I just went through my initial audit with Costco, and I received an automatic failure because we did not have an X-ray machine installed for foreign material detection. This was a bit of a surprise to me because, according to my understanding of Costco's Food Safety & Quality Audit Expectations, the X-ray machine is required by the anniversary audit, not necessarily during the initial audit.

Here’s the specific guideline I’m referring to:

"Facilities that have not installed a detection device by the time of their Costco anniversary audit will receive an automatic audit failure."

Since this was our first audit, I believed we had until the anniversary audit to install the equipment. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Was I wrong in assuming this timeline?

Any advice on how to handle this or how I should approach the audit team to appeal the decision would be greatly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Semi-automated or fully automatic bottle filling machine Automatic Failure / Grading of HACCP Audit Schematic representation of Automatic Cleaning (CIP) of Reich smoking chamber
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Semi-automated or fully automatic bottle filling machine Automatic Failure / Grading of HACCP Audit Schematic representation of Automatic Cleaning (CIP) of Reich smoking chamber Automatic "hands in" hand dryers in food manufacturing Installing automatic air curtains Automatic hand and boot cleaners How do we we clean automatic hand wash stations? Looking for a suitable automatic vacuum machine