What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

6.1.4 physical automation systems

Started by , Yesterday, 09:32 AM
0 Reply

Hi Everyone,

I have a query regarding some new equipment we've recently installed at our co-pack facility. There's been some debate about whether this equipment qualifies as physical automation.

The setup includes six tables on either side of a conveyor belt running down the center (picture attached for reference). The discussion revolves around the conveyor belt, as the clause specifies, "Where physical automation systems (including vertical lifts, retrieval systems, conveyor systems, robotics, etc.)."

My position is that the process hasn't eliminated human involvement. We still have six operatives manually packing goods into boxes and placing them on the belt, which then transfers the boxes to the label application machine. In essence, the only new aspect of automation we've introduced is the label application machine.

I'd appreciate any insights or clarifications on this matter.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Assignment 2 - Physical contamination Systems for producing occasional food contact packaging
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Assignment 2 - Physical contamination Systems for producing occasional food contact packaging Auto archiving systems and quality assurance documents Can an undetected test piece be considered a physical hazard in a metal detection process? Is it possible to use elements and information from other systems in my FSSC 22000 system? BRCGS Clause 5.6.7 Test Methods and Samples - Physical or Electronic Does everyone still have a physical quality manual?