• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2024 - 12:00 AM

Hi all,

Hope someone can help?  Please find attached an exercise, centred around NC's and the reporting of along with customer complaints, where the data is provided but also there are four questions to answer.  I am looking for you to complete the exercise and provide the answers to the questions and return to me.

Why am I asking?  It is an exercise I have put together, for new starters to my business, to get an understanding of their knowledge and skill set, but also to give an idea of what training opportunities may be required as well.  So I am interested to find out if there is a spread of answers or if there is a common set of answers that always crop up - I am sure the majority will be the same or along the same lines but it is always worth seeing and checking that the task is not too difficult but is equally challenging at the same time.

Many thanks in advance if you can give it a go, it should not take too long and hopefully it can be a bit of fun to break your day up!

MH.[attachment=13930:Exercise.xlsx]

Dorothy87

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 71 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing

Posted 25 September 2024 - 07:34 AM

Hi 

It sounds that you are looking for someone who will clean and tidy then filter out your Excel table... 

also be careful to share supplier details.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dazzur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2024 - 08:43 AM

It looks like you're asking for some sort of basic trend analysis.

You're saying 'new starters', what's the role specifically and why would they need to demonstrate basic data analysis skills? This can be done in seconds if you know basic excel.

Edited by Dazzur, 25 September 2024 - 08:43 AM.

Cronje

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2024 - 01:13 PM

Have removed the attachment, in order to remove details, thanks for noticing and letting me know.

Cronje

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2024 - 10:28 PM

Dazzur,

It is for new starters to gauge an understanding of their 'basic', as you put it, skills at extracting the data but also to show an understanding of what the data is telling them with questions they have to answer.  It is for candidates who are looking to work in a quality and technical function or progress from the shop floor into other roles.

Hope that helps?

Dazzur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2024 - 09:16 AM

Dazzur,

It is for new starters to gauge an understanding of their 'basic', as you put it, skills at extracting the data but also to show an understanding of what the data is telling them with questions they have to answer.  It is for candidates who are looking to work in a quality and technical function or progress from the shop floor into other roles.

Hope that helps?

Morning,

Sure makes sense.

One point I'd feed back under "Category" is that "Quality" (for me) is too general a term. And of all the categories this is your highest recorded complaint across the board.

I think this would be difficult to answer regarding your 4th question in the sheet. Unless that person has an in-depth technical knowledge of the product(s) and the associated processes. I certainly wouldn't be able to answer it here.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users