• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2024 - 05:12 PM

Hello all,

We use Maxifoam for our site for cleaning of dirty gastronomes and other, for personnel using the chemical they are given heavy duty chemical handling gloves. However, it has been identified that holding oven trays and other such dishes are highly difficult for the operatives with these gloves- I wanted to understand if using Marigold gloves for this purpose are acceptable as per standard?

Thanks & Regards,

Urmi

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,425 posts
  • 1336 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 24 September 2024 - 03:58 AM

Hi Urmi,

This falls under Clause 7.4.5

If gloves are used, they shall be replaced regularly. Where appropriate, gloves shall be suitable for food use, of a disposable type, of a distinctive colour (blue where possible) and intact, and shall not shed loose fibres.

I don’t see it being a problem as long as they are a distinctive colour which is distinguishable from your product and checked regularly to ensure they are in a hygienic condition and not falling apart.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

urmimalabose

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2024 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for your guidance Tony, super helpful :)

Hi Urmi,

This falls under Clause 7.4.5

If gloves are used, they shall be replaced regularly. Where appropriate, gloves shall be suitable for food use, of a disposable type, of a distinctive colour (blue where possible) and intact, and shall not shed loose fibres.

I don’t see it being a problem as long as they are a distinctive colour which is distinguishable from your product and checked regularly to ensure they are in a hygienic condition and not falling apart.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users