What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using Lean Tools to Enhance Food Safety Culture?

Started by , Sep 21 2024 10:30 AM
3 Replies

Hello,

How we can use lean tools to improve the food safety culture and the quality of our products?

I think about 5S, Red tag (defects) but i need more ideas

Any help please?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
PET resins for manufacturing packaging in the food industry? Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Determining Country of Origin for Food Products: Guidelines? Rejection for major food allergen BRCGS knives 4.9.2-Do Production Knives Need to be Food Contact Approved?
[Ad]

Hi ;) 

Not sure how 5s red tags could be useful for food safety culture but definitely will sort out my engineers graveyard ! 

Maybe Poka-yoke? most of them are for production productivity improvement.

Attached Files

Hi ;)

Not sure how 5s red tags could be useful for food safety culture but definitely will sort out my engineers graveyard ! 

Maybe Poka-yoke? most of them are for production productivity improvement.

5S is for cleaning also (remove all objects that could be a source of contamination for the product) and red tags (presence of leaking, wooden pallets in an area, broken tools and equipment that could impact the food safety...)

The use of lean tools for tracking non conformances and product details over time SHOULD lead to changes in process/personnel but you need to capture reams of data for it to be meaningfull

Similar Discussion Topics
PET resins for manufacturing packaging in the food industry? Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Determining Country of Origin for Food Products: Guidelines? Rejection for major food allergen BRCGS knives 4.9.2-Do Production Knives Need to be Food Contact Approved? Remote Work Opportunities in Food Safety and Quality Concerns About Using Feather Dusters in Food Packaging Areas Acceptability of Marigold Gloves in Food Manufacturing? Safety Validation for Bamboo Skewers in Food Products Promoting Food Safety Culture: Tips and Examples?