Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 111 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2024 - 06:15 PM

What's the longest wait you've had for your audit certificate and/or report from a CB, and why?

We are at 4 months for our BRCGS certificate...

acarver

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2024 - 06:23 PM

Not an audit, but 28 weeks for FDA inspection report. Because the inspector received a promotion and couldn't get to it. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

kconf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 28 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 September 2024 - 06:42 PM

4 months is a long time. Are you following up with them? We got ours within a month of NC's submission. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 111 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2024 - 07:07 PM

Oh yeah.  They are horrible at communicating back to us too - either ignoring calls/emails, or following up with "we should have that soon" and then nothing.

Actively looking for a different CB is going on while all this is going on.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,869 posts
  • 1175 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Home now on Martha's Vineyard Island/Republic of these United States

Posted 18 September 2024 - 07:45 PM

Never more than 45 days in total, but then again I have always become the pain in their arse around the 4th week as SOP.

If you can't get action from the CB, file a complaint with compliance at BRC - that should kick them in their arse as well.

• G M likes this

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC

-SQF, Internal Auditor Training & eConsultant Retainer

Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachussetts

Republic of these United States (restored)

www.GCEMVI.XYZ | 774.563.6161 | glenn@glennoster.com

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 686 posts
  • 135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2024 - 08:51 PM

4 months seems pretty absurd.  If the CB is taking significantly longer to provide a report and certificate than they allow you for corrective actions, something is wrong.  I would expect the agreement to spell out the timelines for both parties.

They typically give us 30/60/90 days to deal with NCs, and can turn around a primary report and secondary reviewer approval with a certificate in less than 30 days.  I'm not sure I've ever seen it take more than six weeks.

Dorothy87

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 71 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing

Posted 19 September 2024 - 08:00 AM

;) 

2 months..

I was chasing certification body like crazy, our customers chased me.. they had issues with staff - poor resource management? shame ! 

;) 

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 19 September 2024 - 09:20 AM

3 months for the certificate sheets.

The report, status update on BRGCS Directory, and PDF files of certificate were on time, but the papers by courier came late for us to frame.

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 111 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 September 2024 - 01:22 PM

3 months for the certificate sheets.

The report, status update on BRGCS Directory, and PDF files of certificate were on time, but the papers by courier came late for us to frame.

Yeah...
It is all late.

I *did* get the audit report a week ago finally.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 216 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 September 2024 - 04:47 PM

I know SQF CB's are supposed to have a decision within 45 days of the audit's end, and issue the certificate no later than 10 days after decision made.  Does BRC have similar language in the code?  If so, you can bet your whole holy booty I'd be filing a complaint against the CB.  They wouldn't let you slide on your due diligence, and they're bound by contract and code to do the same.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,422 posts
  • 1336 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 September 2024 - 04:15 AM

Hi Marshenko,

The latest should be 42 days. File a complaint with BRCGS. Details below.

2.6 Certification

After a review of the audit report and documentary evidence provided in relation to the non-conformities identified, a certification decision shall be made by the designated independent certification manager. Where a certificate is granted, this shall be issued by the certification body within 42 calendar days of the audit.

3 Technical governance of the Standard

3.7 Complaints

BRCGS has implemented a formal complaints process, which is available to organisations involved with the BRCGS Global Standards. Details of the BRCGS complaints process can be found on the BRCGS website.

Complaints can be reported confidentially on the Tell BRCGS reporting system:

BRCGS encourages feedback. Feedback enables BRCGS to strengthen our compliance activities ensuring integrity and high quality of the BRCGS Global Certification Programme. In complete confidence, if you witness any wrongdoing in a BRCGS certificated site or are unhappy with an auditor’s or Certification Body performance; have concerns about BRCGS Training or approved training provider, or see misleading use of the BRCGS name or logo, or have any grievance against BRCGS we want to know. Let us investigate and put it right.To enter your feedback click Go To Reporting.

Kind regards,

Tony

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 111 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2024 - 06:47 PM

Hi Marshenko,

The latest should be 42 days. File a complaint with BRCGS. Details below.

2.6 Certification

After a review of the audit report and documentary evidence provided in relation to the non-conformities identified, a certification decision shall be made by the designated independent certification manager. Where a certificate is granted, this shall be issued by the certification body within 42 calendar days of the audit.

3 Technical governance of the Standard

3.7 Complaints

BRCGS has implemented a formal complaints process, which is available to organisations involved with the BRCGS Global Standards. Details of the BRCGS complaints process can be found on the BRCGS website.

Complaints can be reported confidentially on the Tell BRCGS reporting system:

BRCGS encourages feedback. Feedback enables BRCGS to strengthen our compliance activities ensuring integrity and high quality of the BRCGS Global Certification Programme. In complete confidence, if you witness any wrongdoing in a BRCGS certificated site or are unhappy with an auditor’s or Certification Body performance; have concerns about BRCGS Training or approved training provider, or see misleading use of the BRCGS name or logo, or have any grievance against BRCGS we want to know. Let us investigate and put it right.To enter your feedback click Go To Reporting.

Kind regards,

Tony

Now that I think about it - our auditor for our unannounced audit at our second facility in August talked about disputes an awful lot during our opening and closing meetings, and how it the CB preferred they be brought up with the CB first before going to BRCGS.  I can't imagine, looking back now, that that was coincidental.

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 111 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Today, 01:42 PM

Fun update: our auditor from May emailed me about something missing from their audit report.

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 686 posts
  • 135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Today, 09:16 PM

Fun update: our auditor from May emailed me about something missing from their audit report.

Sounds like you should request a corrective action plan from them.  :rolleyes:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users