Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 September 2024 - 04:18 PM

I currently manage 25 grocery fulfillment centers, that do not do any type of food prep, or have any exposed ready to eat foods.  The employees who pick the orders, do not fall under the Food Code's definition of a food employee.  

Does anyone have any experience with a food establishment of this type and how they have handled employee illness reporting and how they define the employees?  I'm working on updating our policy, but since they are not technically food employees, I am in need of some guidance on how to proceed.  

I appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks! 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 667 posts
  • 193 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:34 PM

Good afternoon, K. I briefly managed the compliance of a medium sized grocery distributor, and while my main focus there was PSM/RMP and keeping the cold chain documented, I recall illness types and restrictions being covered under my safe food distribution scheme. I know we had similar restrictions (communicable disease, flu-like symptoms, boils/lesions etc.) with regards to pickers as I do now in manufacturing.

Do you have an annual or bi-annual third-party audit, or do you fall under a third-party standard? 

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users