What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Contact Equipment

Started by , Yesterday, 07:56 PM
3 Replies

Can someone share a Food Contact Equipment policy & procedure? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Migration test food Packaging Have you met your food safety & quality objectives in 2018? Food Safety Meetings Food vs Pharma Galvanized Ducting to food contact
[Ad]

As in what? Could you be more specific? 

An owner was fabricating a part ( he's a machinist) for an Auger and did so without my knowledge. He created a piece for the auger just to see if it would work before he actually went and bought the  food safe stainless steel.  It rusted.  The equipment never made it production but it could have...... I have a Sanitary Design form but need an actual step by step procedure of what to do before you purchase anything that is going to be used food contact.  

You could also use an approval program. It is a bit more cumbersome, but it allows for all departments to weigh in on these kinds of decisions.

However, being an owner he could disregard either one of these, if he doesn't understand their importance.

Similar Discussion Topics
Migration test food Packaging Have you met your food safety & quality objectives in 2018? Food Safety Meetings Food vs Pharma Galvanized Ducting to food contact My Perspective on Food Safety: The Role of CEN European Standards how to approve the large couriers for Transport (food transit)? How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Different between food simulant in FDA and EU What are some effective scoring methods and control measures for a raw material risk assessment in a food manufacturing facility?