What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labeling for foodservice

Started by , Yesterday, 04:13 PM
3 Replies

Hi,
My question is whether there are any FDA or other regulatory requirements to have nutrition facts or ingredient statement on the case labels for non-retail products?  My company is a bakery that provides product to our own franchised restaurant chain in the United States.  We do not have any other customers and we have our own distribution centers and delivery trucks.   The baked goods are packaged as multi-packs within the case and are not individually labeled. The restaurant removes the baked goods and puts them in separate containers for serving to customers.  

I have searched through FDA CFR and don't see anything specific on non-retail packaging of this nature.  IFSQN posts about this type of topic seem point back to the FDA labeling guide which is for retail products and I don't think apply but am hoping to get a few more opinions.  Our franchised restaurants are providing the required nutrition information to their customers so we are covered from that standpoint.

We currently provide a full nutrition label and ingredient statement on every case but want to simplify the production labeling requirements to just have a product name and item number.  

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Processing on the same line as nuts - proper labeling What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars? Assistance for flavored confection labeling USA - CA Prop 65 Labeling for military commissary sales Weight change during production - labeling rules
[Ad]

Ingredients - yes, nutrition facts - you don't have to. 

Is it not feasible to include ingredients on the same label with item name and number? 

It is feasible to include the ingredients, we currently list ingredients but want more flexibility for substitutions.  Is there a regulatory reference you can point me to that says ingredients are required?

IDK if you are eligible for the exemption in 21 CFR. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Processing on the same line as nuts - proper labeling What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars? Assistance for flavored confection labeling USA - CA Prop 65 Labeling for military commissary sales Weight change during production - labeling rules Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation