What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What clause does organic fall under?

Started by , Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Identity preserved foods. 

I think it's 2.8.1 in the quality section. If you don't do the quality version 2.4.1 would be applicable, especially as Organic is governed by gov bodies, the NOP being the main one.

2 Replies

Hello all, I am completing our internal audit on all of our company's SOPs. I have gotten to the Organic SOP (change over, handling, receiving and more.) 

Is there an SQF clause that I should link these too? Or do these programs stand alone from the SQF requirements. In the past I have only been asked to show that we have the program(s) and pasted the audit. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Under which food category does UHT milk fall? Under Codex STAN 192-1995, which food category would a plant protein beverage fall into? Under which food category does the manufacture of spice blends fall? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance
[Ad]

Identity preserved foods. 

I think it's 2.8.1 in the quality section. If you don't do the quality version 2.4.1 would be applicable, especially as Organic is governed by gov bodies, the NOP being the main one.

1 Like1 Thank

Under the quality code yeah, Identity Preserved.  Organic, Non-GMO, Halal, etc. all end up under that.

For general food manufacturing I was thinking 2.3, to meet "specifications", also 2.6.1.1.ii for the same reason under labeling.  I suppose it could depend on what the document was about.

Similar Discussion Topics
Under which food category does UHT milk fall? Under Codex STAN 192-1995, which food category would a plant protein beverage fall into? Under which food category does the manufacture of spice blends fall? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? Packaging Requirements for USDA Organic Food Organic Food Fraud Prevention Plan Organic Honey Testing Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8?