• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2024 - 05:26 AM

Hello,

For a  spice blending unit the packing activity is sub-contracted by us. However the transport and  distribution activities are outsourced  to external agency. We are planning for FSSC 22000 certification. Is it  necessary to include packing  activity and transport - distribution activity in the scope?   

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,410 posts
  • 1333 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 September 2024 - 02:40 AM

Hi rams,

Your post isn't clear, your site is packing product on behalf of another business? and you are contracting out all transport and distribution after loading at your facility/warehouse?

Kind regards,

Tony

rams

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 September 2024 - 07:37 AM

Hi Tony,

I apologize for any confusion caused by my post. Let me try to clarify

# Our firm  is doing the blending activity.(by our own employees)

# The packing is done by contract employees  in the same facility (where blending is done)

#  Transport and  distribution  are outsourced to an external agency by our firm 

Thank you

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 668 posts
  • 133 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2024 - 01:30 PM

It's happening inside your facility -- but do these contract workers doing the packaging and transport report to your management/leadership team, or to their own separate managers?  Do they fill out logistical or safety/quality paperwork and turn it in to your management, or is all the information they operate on and gather turned in to their own managers?  How are the packaging and shipping areas physically separated from the blending area?  Is there a GMP / handwashing separation between them?

If there isn't a significant level of separation, they are likely in scope up to the point of material leaving your facility.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users