What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Senior Management Commitment

Started by , Aug 29 2024 08:48 AM
4 Replies

Ensuring the effectiveness of our Food Safety and Quality Management System (FSQMS) is critical to our success and reputation. One key factor in this is the level of support we receive from senior management, and it is often lamented by those responsible for maintaining the FSQMS. Please share your experience regarding how much support you feel is provided for FSQMS within your organization. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Senior Engineer Introduction Do you feel supported by senior management? BRC Food Safety Issue 9 Senior Management Commitment SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Measurable Targets for Senior Management Commitment and Review
[Ad]

I'm lucky enough to have 100% ownership support.

<looks both ways>

I have ownership and senior management support, but they are reluctant to allow deviations for individual plants and plans. I have doing SQF since 2008(?) I know we can tailor things to what machines or processes we actually HAVE.

I have full support of management because they have worked in my position previously and understand the requirements. At my interview when they told me this, that's what convinced me to become a part of the team!

I answer directly to the president, and in his absence (which is all the time now as he's semi-retired) his son, the VP. This might be the first place I've been where the upper management culture isn't "how can we make this work even if it shouldn't" but instead it has been questions like "hey I don't feel comfortable with this, what are your thoughts?" I guess that's the benefit of family owned over corporate environment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Senior Engineer Introduction Do you feel supported by senior management? BRC Food Safety Issue 9 Senior Management Commitment SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Measurable Targets for Senior Management Commitment and Review Who is the most senior member of your HACCP team? Food Safety Culture training for Senior Management SQF 2.1.2 - Does the Organizational Chart need to be signed off by senior management? What to prepare for section 1.1.2 - Senior Management Commitment? Senior Management do not believe in the hype