What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How should a near-miss procedure be established and implemented, and are there any examples available for guidance?

Started by , Aug 28 2024 10:44 AM
4 Replies

Hi!

Good day!

One of the findings from our previous audit was that there was no near-miss procedure established. I would like to ask for help in establishing a near-miss procedure and would appreciate an example so that I can fully understand how to implement it.

thank you very much for the help. 

churima

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Creating an Accidental Contamination Procedure: Need Guidance Transport Truck Seal Verification Procedure and Record Promoting Food Safety Culture: Tips and Examples? Guidance on Dairy Certification for Cold Storage Facilities Gantt Chart for Certification Project: Examples Needed
[Ad]

Hi Churima,

It depends on relevance to your organization. What are some incidents that you think could happen? 

The only near miss I am aware of is when I flew on a 737 over Cayman Islands and a Copa going the other way almost hit us.

Good morning and welcome!

We do something like this for personnel safety, I suppose you could adapt it for food safety:

Date & Time of incident – 

Location – xxxxx room

Full description of incident – Blocked fire extinguisher.

Blood Present Yes/No, xxxxx Notified Yes/No

Loss of Product Yes/No

Loss of Production Time Yes/No

With a few details plugged in or standard categories of responses you can do incident trending, and pick additional topics for training based off observations.

Hi Churima,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums

What standard were you audited against?

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Creating an Accidental Contamination Procedure: Need Guidance Transport Truck Seal Verification Procedure and Record Promoting Food Safety Culture: Tips and Examples? Guidance on Dairy Certification for Cold Storage Facilities Gantt Chart for Certification Project: Examples Needed SQF Requirements for Suppliers: Need Guidance Employee Illness Reporting Guidance for Grocery Fulfillment Centers Head Covers in Cold Environments: Guidance Needed Examples Needed for Manufacturing Audit Scope Guidance on Process Control Methods