What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How can you justify the value of a sanitary maintenance program to management if it is being questioned?

Started by , Aug 23 2024 08:58 PM
6 Replies

What does that title "sanitary maintenance" mean to you?  We have a current program, but the new operations manager is not Canadian and doesn't see the value in really systems at all... We are audited for HACCP / GMP through SGS.... 

Because other similiar companies don't do what we do for programs, then I'm getting push back as to why we should.  

So curious if its just a matter of the wording we are using, so what does this wording mean to you? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Senior Management Commitment FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Risk Analysis for EMP program What does BRCGS say on maintenance? Color-Coded Allergen Program
[Ad]

Sounds like a play on words to me, putting 2 hats into 1 job title as in sanitation and maintenance. Have not seen that title before. 

Hi WineSafe,

It would mean maintaining sanitary/hygienic conditions to me but it isn’t a phrase I have come across many times in 30 odd years in the food industry.

More details on your ‘sanitary maintenance’ program would be useful.

Kind regards,

Tony

To me it means maintaining sanitary conditions, like taking things apart, clean, put back, or whatever it takes to sanitize, etc. I haven't seen that as a job title by itself, but it could be a task.  

Taking things apart to clean them and putting them back together is sanitation.

Taking things apart to maintain or repair them mechanically/electrically/hydraulically, etc, is maintenance.

That sounds like a made up word to me, that doesn't need to exist. 

What does that title "sanitary maintenance" mean to you?  ...

So curious if its just a matter of the wording we are using, so what does this wording mean to you? 

It depends a little on context, but as a compound verb it would imply either: the maintenance actions taken to achieve sanitation; or, the sanitary practices utilized during maintenance.

It seems like a term i use to hear years ago, not so much any more.  probably semantics.

I use to think of it as replacing things such as tri clamp gaskets, valve seats, pump seals, etc.  Maintenance on items that touch product that if not maintained casue sanitary issues.  anymore i just think of them all as PM items.   Again semantics.   

Similar Discussion Topics
Senior Management Commitment FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Risk Analysis for EMP program What does BRCGS say on maintenance? Color-Coded Allergen Program Top management ask you to sign document that you don't agree with? Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System Management of suppliers of services Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Inclusion of Climate Change To Management system Standards