What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Palm Oil vs Refined Palmolein Oil Ingredient Statement

Started by , Aug 22 2024 08:18 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am vetting a potential supplier and saw that the ingredient statement has "Refined Palmolein Oil" as the frying oil used for the product.

Does anyone know more in-depth differences between Palm Oil and Refined Palmolein Oil? I am familiar with Palm Oil, but when I read "Refined Palmolein Oil" in an ingredient statement, I interpret it as something different.

I also wanted to rule out that the difference could be the way the specification was translated as the product would be coming from India.

If they are in fact different, are there RSPO considerations for Refined Palmolein Oil? 

Any insight would be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Acceptable Peroxide Values in Palm Free Stabilizer Mitigating MOSH MOAH contamination in palm oil production Hydrogenated oils-margarine, palm oil-shortening How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? RSPO Certification Use - Palm Oil
[Ad]

Some google-fu says its different, kind of.  https://www.scienced...-sciences/olein

huh.   That's interesting.  Never heard of it.

Ya learn something new every day as the saying goes...

Similar Discussion Topics
Acceptable Peroxide Values in Palm Free Stabilizer Mitigating MOSH MOAH contamination in palm oil production Hydrogenated oils-margarine, palm oil-shortening How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? RSPO Certification Use - Palm Oil Limits of Sudan dye in Palm oil Will storing palm oil in a storage tank without daily heating lead to spoilage? What are the specifications of palm oil? Which preservative will be good for palm sugar production? Round Table Palm Oil (RSPO) Audit