Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel

Posted 18 August 2024 - 01:47 AM

Hello folks. Could you please give me some more details about ATP swab as CIP validation in dairy industry. Is it better to rely on water swab ( water after CIP ) or dry swab . The problem in my case is that the dry swab is.most.of the time taken incorrectly since the sampling are is most of the time limited to the filler pipe end ( its a packaging machine) for example.

Edited by igormileta, 18 August 2024 - 01:48 AM.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,355 posts
  • 1320 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 August 2024 - 03:38 AM

Hi igormileta,

For validation micro samples should be taken as well. After that verification can be by using ATP swabs/rinses alone with periodic micro monitoring.

If you have a suitable sample point then a sample of the water rinse is usually a good indicator of cleaning effectiveness for equipment that is cleaned in place (CIP).

Swabs are good for items that are manually cleaned or parts whose hygiene is important for product quality/safety and also parts that are difficult to clean that you want to monitor closely.

Filler pipes are a common area to target because of their importance to the hygiene of the product.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users