What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Requirements

Started by , Aug 12 2024 04:10 PM
2 Replies

I am wondering how much consideration was given to very small manufacturers when developing all these standards.  This seems like another way to eliminate small business from the work force.  We are very small and do not have a team of 10 people to develop any of these programs.  We also don't have the resources to do all the testing that is required.  We make over 300 products and have a clean record as far as food adulteration goes.  Never had anybody get sick.  I think a serious look into the impact all this has on small business should occur.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud Food Category under Codex
[Ad]

I am wondering how much consideration was given to very small manufacturers when developing all these standards.  This seems like another way to eliminate small business from the work force.  We are very small and do not have a team of 10 people to develop any of these programs.  We also don't have the resources to do all the testing that is required.  We make over 300 products and have a clean record as far as food adulteration goes.  Never had anybody get sick.  I think a serious look into the impact all this has on small business should occur.  

Which USA agency and which standards. Depending on the size, businesses are exempt from different requirements. 

Being a small manufacturer - why are you making over 300 products. That sounds like a lot. 

I helped a two person operation (owner and one worker) get SQF certified (if this is what you are refering to).  Its easily doable.  

There are definetly clauses that dont make alot of sense for small operations.   I guess I dont see it as a huge burden on testing.   There are not a lot instance where testing is particularly mandated.   

300 products is a ton for a small company.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud Food Category under Codex Guidance on Using "Clean Label" for Imported Food Products How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan