Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 August 2024 - 04:10 PM

I am wondering how much consideration was given to very small manufacturers when developing all these standards.  This seems like another way to eliminate small business from the work force.  We are very small and do not have a team of 10 people to develop any of these programs.  We also don't have the resources to do all the testing that is required.  We make over 300 products and have a clean record as far as food adulteration goes.  Never had anybody get sick.  I think a serious look into the impact all this has on small business should occur.  

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,119 posts
  • 305 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 12 August 2024 - 05:01 PM

I am wondering how much consideration was given to very small manufacturers when developing all these standards.  This seems like another way to eliminate small business from the work force.  We are very small and do not have a team of 10 people to develop any of these programs.  We also don't have the resources to do all the testing that is required.  We make over 300 products and have a clean record as far as food adulteration goes.  Never had anybody get sick.  I think a serious look into the impact all this has on small business should occur.  

Which USA agency and which standards. Depending on the size, businesses are exempt from different requirements. 

Being a small manufacturer - why are you making over 300 products. That sounds like a lot. 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 928 posts
  • 307 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

I helped a two person operation (owner and one worker) get SQF certified (if this is what you are refering to).  Its easily doable.  

There are definetly clauses that dont make alot of sense for small operations.   I guess I dont see it as a huge burden on testing.   There are not a lot instance where testing is particularly mandated.   

300 products is a ton for a small company.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users