What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are Neck Fans permissible in a cGMP setting?

Started by , Aug 12 2024 03:44 PM
5 Replies

Hello,

New member here. Saw the wealth on knowledge on this forum so I decided to create an account. I work in the United States as a safety manager for a company that manufacture's lotion. So we do have tanks where the chemicals are being mixed to create the lotions. We have assembly lines where worker's bottle and package the employees. As well as a distribution center. Do to poor ventilation and other factors employees do experience heat stress in the summer. They wondered if neckfans were acceptable to wear (we don't allow jewelry). I did my research and this is the only relevant topic i could find which says they need to be UL Certified. Can my assembly line employees wear this to protect them in the summer time in our industry? We do offer heat stress training, an a/c room they can cool off in, give them additional breaks, and also provide water, water with electrolytes, and freezer pops.

https://www.osha.gov...ns/2005-02-01-1

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Flour correctors and improvers vs wheat quality and mill setting Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Setting up new syrup product line and have CCP question?
[Ad]

You're not food, so you don't have many of the limitations we food folks deal with.   I don't see any sort of safety issue to the consumer.   As far as OSHA, meh.   I doubt they'd say anything about that.

1 Like

First of all, good morning and welcome!

Second - this....

"We have assembly lines where worker's bottle and package the employees."

We try to stay away from talking about bottling up employees here - it really opens up a stickie wicket!!!

3 Likes

SQFconsultant

Lol, my apologies! They bottle and cap the product after it gets dispensed and labeled.

example: lotions, creams, and oils.

2 Likes

I am familiar with neck fans and don't see how they could cause an issue in a facility such as yours.

1 Like

First of all, good morning and welcome!

Second - this....

"We have assembly lines where worker's bottle and package the employees."

We try to stay away from talking about bottling up employees here - it really opens up a stickie wicket!!!

I have a few employees I wouldn't mind putting in a bottle, and throwing overboard!   Lol......

Similar Discussion Topics
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Flour correctors and improvers vs wheat quality and mill setting Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Setting up new syrup product line and have CCP question? Leak detection Setting help Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish Personal Fans in Production Line Setting limits for lab testing What are the terms GMP and cGMP?