What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the common challenges with PET-Aluminum-PE pouches for liquid packaging?

Started by , Aug 10 2024 02:56 AM
8 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am writing to inquire about the apparent lack of success of PET/Aluminum/PE pouches for liquid packaging in our company. While this material combination boasts excellent barrier properties and is commonly used for other applications, it seems to be less prevalent in the liquid pouch market.

I am particularly interested in understanding the challenges and limitations that may hinder its widespread adoption for liquids. Could you please shed light on the following:

• Performance Issues: Are there specific performance issues associated with PET/Aluminum/PE pouches when filled with liquids? For example, are there concerns regarding seal integrity, pouch stability, or potential for leakage?

• Cost Considerations: Is the cost of PET/Aluminum/PE pouches a significant barrier to entry for liquid packaging applications? Are there more cost-effective alternatives available, even if they offer slightly lower barrier performance?

• Technical Limitations: Are there any technical limitations associated with the manufacturing or filling process of PET/Aluminum/PE pouches for liquids? For instance, are there challenges related to heat sealing, pouch formation, or filling equipment compatibility?

• Alternative Solutions: What alternative packaging solutions are commonly used for liquid products, and what are their respective advantages and disadvantages compared to PET/Aluminum/PE?

I would be grateful for any insights you can provide on this topic. Your expertise in the packaging industry would be invaluable in understanding the factors that influence the success of different packaging materials.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are the rules surrounding staples in tertiary packaging? Are Shorts Permitted Under BRC Standards for Packaging Facilities? How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Liquid Co2 measuremnt in CSD factory Ensuring Reliability of PCR Plastic Film for Food Packaging
[Ad]

also may I know if during lamination, does the matte and glossy side of aluminum matter with the application of the product?

Hi chefer21,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

Would be useful to know whose packaging material and filling machines are you using?

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Well the product is fish sauce. The filling is manual the just seal with manual sealer also.

It just came to a week before the product reacts to our pouches pet/alu/ny/pe and will leak.

we also have client that product is juices and will eventually leak. I do not know the reason but we always failed in liquid when using aluminum. Is there a reason that the glossy and matte of aluminum matters during lamiantion?

We used to consult in plastic and aluminum packaging but have done a complete turn around as evidence builds how detrimental these materials are to all living beings.

Everything we sell in the stores is packaged in glass.

• Alternative Solutions: What alternative packaging solutions are commonly used for liquid products, and what are their respective advantages and disadvantages compared to PET/Aluminum/PE?

Speaking from my company's customers: PET/Al2O3-PET/PE (transparent) or Nylon/PE

Is this laminate actually using a foil layer, or is it just a metallized polymer layer?

Is this laminate actually using a foil layer, or is it just a metallized polymer layer?

foil layer

Similar Discussion Topics
What are the rules surrounding staples in tertiary packaging? Are Shorts Permitted Under BRC Standards for Packaging Facilities? How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Liquid Co2 measuremnt in CSD factory Ensuring Reliability of PCR Plastic Film for Food Packaging Protective Clothing as per BRCGS Packaging Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Irradiated Packaging Material Compliance Liquid CO2 tank Volume of liquid co2 calculation Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging