What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the key microorganisms to test for when repacking shell eggs and spices?

Started by , Aug 10 2024 02:38 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm trying to build an EMP SOP for SQF code 2.4.7.1 "Environmental monitoring". Can anyone provide a reference regarding test organisms commonly used for Micro testing, and what micros should we consider for monitoring? We  pack shell eggs from the farm, and other commodities are repacked of spices and toppings for baked goods

I highly appreciate your help in advance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
how to reply customer's lab test report Storage temperature of shell eggs per the CFIA Commercial Sterility Test Does the BRCGS standard require metal detection test packs to be locked up when not in use? A Challenging Question: the use of raw unpasteurized shell eggs
[Ad]

Hi esosabrc,

If you are packing raw shell eggs, spices and toppings for baked goods, are the spices and toppings intended to be further processed?

If it is quite likely that the spices and toppings will be consumed without cooking/baking etc. then do you have appropriate segregated areas & systems in place?

Your testing should include:

Pathogens - e.g Salmonella in dry environments, Listeria monocytogenes in wet environments

Spoilage organisms - e.g Yeasts and/or Molds

Indicator organisms - e.g. Enterobacteriaceae, Coliforms

I would also include TVC as an idea of loading.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Following.

Tony,

thank you for you replay and assist. packing raw shell eggs are received pasteurized USDA seal from farm, and repack into 12, 36 or cases, for both retail and restaurant service. the , spices and toppings for baked goods, are  intended to be further processed

once again thank you

Hi esosabrc,

If you are packing raw shell eggs, spices and toppings for baked goods, are the spices and toppings intended to be further processed?

If it is quite likely that the spices and toppings will be consumed without cooking/baking etc. then do you have appropriate segregated areas & systems in place?

Your testing should include:

Pathogens - e.g Salmonella in dry environments, Listeria monocytogenes in wet environments

Spoilage organisms - e.g Yeasts and/or Molds

Indicator organisms - e.g. Enterobacteriaceae, Coliforms

I would also include TVC as an idea of loading.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
how to reply customer's lab test report Storage temperature of shell eggs per the CFIA Commercial Sterility Test Does the BRCGS standard require metal detection test packs to be locked up when not in use? A Challenging Question: the use of raw unpasteurized shell eggs Business Continuity Plan... test? Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector Neogen test kits BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces RTE Treated Spices