Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 August 2024 - 09:14 PM

We have a client that we produce portion control packages for their salad bar in store. These are clear packages that just state the dressing name, Julian date packaged and the BBD. There are no ingredients lists or nutritional panels on this product. We've been making this product for them for years, now they want to add allergen statements to the packaging?

I'm trying to find guidance on this or how to address it. The document they provided is just draft guidance.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,833 posts
  • 1161 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Home now on Martha's Vineyard Island/Republic of these United States

Posted 09 August 2024 - 09:51 PM

Most that I know of (I assume we are talking about conveinence and/or supermarket) have nutritional labeling - I find the Kroger one to be curious, in that you have to peel the label off or the take the sealed clear top off in order to look at the reverse side of the label (see link below.)

I used to inspect (about 15-18 years ago) several chains that had salad bars and all salads, desserts, dressings, had nutritional labeling.

https://www.kroger.c...e/0001111091735

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC

Consulting on: SQF Food Safety System Development, Implementation & Certification

eConsultant Retainer | Internal Auditor Training | Corrective Action Avoidance | XRP & XLM

Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachussetts

Republic of these United States (restored)

www.GlennOster.com | 774.563.6161 | glenn@glennoster.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,336 posts
  • 1316 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 August 2024 - 05:06 AM

Hi KayAreVee,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

Your customer needs to provide you with clear instructions or a specification for each different package you are supplying. that includes their labelling requirements.

If the dressing & salad is theirs how do you know what allergens are going into the packages?

Kind regards,

Tony

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,119 posts
  • 305 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 12 August 2024 - 11:47 AM

What country are you in. Regulations vary. If you are in the USA, for foodservice items, you need ingredient statements on them. At least on the outer box. 

Share this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users