• Quick Navigation
Photo

Peelin, chipping or scratched paint lines on the floor.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

chrisolson

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 August 2024 - 10:26 PM

Hello All,

The painted lines on our floors is finally giving way. Its flaking off and scratched up. With the paint being below the production height will this be an issue with a BRC audit. Should I let it fade away?

We are switching to a new tape as well, so if anyone has a fast and easy way to get paint off concrete let me know, 

thank you 

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 758 posts
  • 206 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 August 2024 - 04:35 AM

Depends on the floors and the paint.  Test a few patches with one of those big razor scrapers from Grainger to see if it'll do the job.  Pressure washers with the least aggressive tip that'll remove the paint can work (I say least aggressive because a pressure washer with a zero tip can damage the concrete), but you risk a lot of potential splashing and would need to secure the room and equipment well.  Either way, removing the paint will probably need to happen while production is shut down with a sanitation crew scheduled after the work each time.

I would be tempted to tape over the painted lines with the newer tape you're going to use.

Edited by jfrey123, 09 August 2024 - 04:37 AM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,833 posts
  • 1161 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Home now on Martha's Vineyard Island/Republic of these United States

Posted 09 August 2024 - 01:32 PM

There's nothing like a good fire in the morning - we burned the floor in the last company and used a smoke eater machine - cleared everything up right quick!

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC

Consulting on: SQF Food Safety System Development, Implementation & Certification

eConsultant Retainer | Internal Auditor Training | Corrective Action Avoidance | XRP & XLM

Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachussetts

Republic of these United States (restored)

www.GlennOster.com | 774.563.6161 | glenn@glennoster.com

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users