What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Seeking Advice and Resources for Conducting Shelf Life Studies in Seafood Quality Control

Started by , Aug 06 2024 07:37 PM
2 Replies

I do not believe that I have properly introduced myself on this forum... However, I am a Marine Biologist by trade and just got into the seafood quality control world to try and explore some different opportunities. So, I have been in my role as a Quality Assurance Manager (which actually oversees sanitation, manages our QC lab, oversees the online QC checks and corrective actions, etc) for just over 7 months now and have gotten HACCP certified just last month. This forum has been amazing to learn from all the different worlds of food processing and quality control.

Now besides the introduction, the reason for my post is due to my lack of experience conducting a shelf life study. I am looking to see if this forum and its experts have any resources that they find valuable on the topic, or perhaps just some advice going into it.

I thank you all for your time taken to respond.

Best,

Shrimper

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Seeking Guidance on SOPs or checklists for FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliance Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role
[Ad]

Hello and welcome Shrimper! Congratulations on getting your HACCP certification

This forum has been so useful in so many ways. I did a shelf life study back in the day and I used the link below as a stepping stone for starting my study. 

https://www.foodqual...-shelf-life/2/ 

it provides the basic guidelines on how to start and setting up the parameters. I hope this helps just a bit.

Welcome. 

https://seafood.oregonstate.edu/ - has info on product development. 

They are the University with the seafood exports for food processing (Cornell Univ. too). Make sure you are HACCP seafood certified as well (separate than regular HACCP certification.) 

Similar Discussion Topics
Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Seeking Guidance on SOPs or checklists for FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliance Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Seeking US based FDA recognized LACF process authority? Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Seeking pest frequency risk assessment template