• Quick Navigation
Photo

Seeking Advice and Resources for Conducting Shelf Life Studies in Seafood Quality Control

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Shrimper

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 August 2024 - 07:37 PM

I do not believe that I have properly introduced myself on this forum... However, I am a Marine Biologist by trade and just got into the seafood quality control world to try and explore some different opportunities. So, I have been in my role as a Quality Assurance Manager (which actually oversees sanitation, manages our QC lab, oversees the online QC checks and corrective actions, etc) for just over 7 months now and have gotten HACCP certified just last month. This forum has been amazing to learn from all the different worlds of food processing and quality control.

Now besides the introduction, the reason for my post is due to my lack of experience conducting a shelf life study. I am looking to see if this forum and its experts have any resources that they find valuable on the topic, or perhaps just some advice going into it.

I thank you all for your time taken to respond.

Best,

Shrimper

rhondakay

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 August 2024 - 08:34 PM

Hello and welcome Shrimper! Congratulations on getting your HACCP certification

This forum has been so useful in so many ways. I did a shelf life study back in the day and I used the link below as a stepping stone for starting my study. 

https://www.foodqual...-shelf-life/2/ 

it provides the basic guidelines on how to start and setting up the parameters. I hope this helps just a bit.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,119 posts
  • 305 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 07 August 2024 - 11:53 AM

Welcome. 

https://seafood.oregonstate.edu/ - has info on product development. 

They are the University with the seafood exports for food processing (Cornell Univ. too). Make sure you are HACCP seafood certified as well (separate than regular HACCP certification.) 

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users