Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 August 2024 - 06:54 PM

2.3.3.2 The site shall: i. Ensure that the processes in place at the contract manufacturer are capable of consistently meeting customer and/or
corporate quality requirements, where applicable; ii. Verify compliance with the SQF Quality Code and that all customer requirements are
being met; iii. Audit the contract manufacturer annually, at a minimum, to verify compliance to the SQF Quality Code and with agreed
arrangements, or accept the manufacturer's certification to the SQF Quality Code or equivalent; and iv. Ensure changes to contractual
agreements are approved by both parties, agreed with customers when necessary, and communicated to relevant personnel.
Response Minor
Evidence There is no evidence of annual audit to verify compliance to the SQF Quality code documented for the 3 contracted storage providers.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do this one.
I need to submit these ASAP as my time is up Friday.
As far as I can tell, warehouses don't do Quality in the Quality code.
I submitted 2 full audits, but they are not "Quality" level.
And I can't find Quality " parameters or language specific to cold storage.
Am I overeading this?
The third was a GDP audit, and I only have the certificate.
That caused this ding:
Specifications, Formulations, Realization and Supplier Approval
AnswerMinor No evidence was documented for one contracted storage provider (out of the 3) that comply with SQF code or other GFSI benchmarked certification program; this contracted storage provider only provide a GDP audit that not covers all the SQF code requirements.
Question2.3.3.2 - The site shall establish a method to determine the food safety risk level of contract manufactured product and shall document the risk. The site shall ensure that:i. Products and processes of co-manufacturers that are considered high-risk have undergone an audit by the site or third-party agency to confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing and regulatory and customer requirements;ii. Products and processes of co-manufacturers that are considered low-risk meet the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing, or other GFSI benchmarked certification programs, and regulatory and customer requirements; andiii. Changes to contractual agreements are approved by both parties and communicated to relevant personnel.
Please advise.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,336 posts
  • 1316 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 August 2024 - 05:43 AM

Hi mgagne,

A bit of a strange one, as they are not food manufacturers, the requirements in this case should really align with SQF Food Safety Code: Storage and Distribution – System Elements but with quality included:

2.3.4 Contract Third-Party Storage or Distributor

2.3.4.1 The methods and responsibility for ensuring all agreements relating to food safety and customer product requirements and its realization and delivery are specified and agreed shall be documented and implemented.

2.3.4.2 The site shall:

i. Ensure changes to contractual agreements are approved by both parties and communicated to relevant personnel;

ii. Verify compliance with the SQF Code and that all customer requirements are being met at all times.

2.3.4.3 Records of all contract reviews and changes to contractual agreements and their approvals shall be maintained.

Do you have agreed specifications for the services provided and an agreed contract which includes food safety/quality requirements as per the SQF Food Safety Code & SQF Quality Code?

If they are within a reasonable distance, then surely the simple answer is to audit all three as it is going to be difficult to verify compliance with SQF food safety & quality requirements. Otherwise consider contracting out those audits.

Kind regards,

Tony

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 928 posts
  • 307 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 August 2024 - 01:56 PM

Has to be the worst clause in the SQF standard.  While there are ways around it, they might as well as worded the clause "all contract manufactures must be SQF certified"    If you add the quality portion to this, it is even more ridiculous. 

What they want you to say is "we will no longer use XYZ, but will only use a SQF certified facility"

Not too helpfull. 

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users