• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 July 2024 - 11:15 AM

Hello all,

Because of issues with the lack of BRC auditors in our county and because we are adding a new facility to our scope I am looking into the posibiltie of switching from BRC to FSSC.

The amount of auditors that complains about BRC is rizing and all state that FSSC is the way to go.

Anyone here with experience or tips for switching?

salvatore bulgarella

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 31 July 2024 - 01:39 PM

Hello all,

Because of issues with the lack of BRC auditors in our county and because we are adding a new facility to our scope I am looking into the posibiltie of switching from BRC to FSSC.

The amount of auditors that complains about BRC is rizing and all state that FSSC is the way to go.

Anyone here with experience or tips for switching?

We considered switching from BRC to FSSC too, but ended up sticking with BRC. That being said, I've heard FSSC is a good option, especially with the auditor shortage. One thing to keep in mind is that FSSC implementation can be a bit tricky, and it doesn't have an interpretation guide. Worth weighing the pros and cons carefully before making the switch.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,833 posts
  • 1161 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Home now on Martha's Vineyard Island/Republic of these United States

Posted 31 July 2024 - 06:30 PM

Grass is not always greener on the other side, especially when it comes to the shortage of Auditors - this is universal and was primarily a direct result of the fake-pandemic attempted genocide.

Many Auditors could not sustain income, many Auditors chose (rightly) not to take forced/coerced shots and would not accept having poisoned PCR tests administered in order to travel or enter a facility - this and this alone is the reason why there is a shortage of Auditors and it is universal whether it is SQF, BRC, FSSC, IFS, Global-Gap, 

... and now that we are nearing the completion of Alliance military operations around the world I see major changes coming to GFSI and their inter relations with United Nations, etc that will effect all certification schemes under the so-called umbrella.

With everything this is going on behind the scenes, my suggest is that you tough this out even it is means importing an Auditor from another country or other side of earth.

I think you will look back a year or two from now and realize the best thing  you did was stick with what you have instead jumping into a whole new certification, because noting can stop what is coming and massive changes are coming.

At this point in time I would not do a switch.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC

Consulting on: SQF Food Safety System Development, Implementation & Certification

eConsultant Retainer | Internal Auditor Training | Corrective Action Avoidance | XRP & XLM

Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachussetts

Republic of these United States (restored)

www.GlennOster.com | 774.563.6161 | glenn@glennoster.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,339 posts
  • 1316 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 August 2024 - 03:18 AM

Hi Gilles,

The audit requirements for FSSC 22000 certification consist of:

1)  ISO 22000:2018 food safety management system requirements;

2)  Sector specific prerequisite program (PRPs) requirements (ISO/TS 22002-x series or other specified PRP standard) and;

3)  FSSC 22000 Additional requirements.

FSSC 22000 Additional requirements fill the gaps between the GFSI Benchmark requirements and ISO 22000/ISO/TS 22002-x standards thus enabling the FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme to be recognised by GFSI.

As a BRC site there should be no issues complying with ISO/TS 22002-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety Part 1: Food manufacturing and FSSC 22000 Additional requirements.

If you have ISO 9001 certification then the structure of ISO 22000 will be quite familiar. The main areas that seem to cause issues and where ISO 22000 differs to BRC is compliance with section 8.5 Hazard Control and in particular the terminology and requirements for operational prerequisite programmes which leads to a lot of confusion.

I have posted the most relevant extracts here, I would strongly recommend you get a copy of IS0 22000 and go through the requirements thoroughly before making a decision to swap.

8.5.2.4 Selection and categorization of control measure(s):

8.5.2.4.1 Based on the hazard assessment, the organization shall select an appropriate control measure or combination of control measures that will be capable of preventing or reducing the identified significant food safety hazards to defined acceptable levels

The organization shall categorize the selected identified control measure(s) to be managed as OPRP(s) (see 3.30) or at CCPs (see 3.11).

The categorization shall be carried out using a systematic approach. For each of the control measures selected, there shall be an assessment of the following:

….

8.5.2.4.2 In addition, for each control measure, the systematic approach shall include an assessment of the feasibility of:

……..

8.5.4 Hazard control plan (HACCP/OPRP plan)

The organization shall establish, implement and maintain a hazard control plan. The hazard control plan shall be maintained as documented information and shall include the following information for each control measure at each CCP or OPRP:

a) food safety hazard(s) to be controlled at the CCP or by the OPRP;

b) critical limit(s) at CCP or action criteria for OPRP;

c) monitoring procedure(s);

d) correction(s) to be made if critical limits or action criteria are not met;

e) responsibilities and authorities;

f) records of monitoring

From ISO 22000 T&Ds:

Operational Prerequisite Programmes OPRP

Control measure (3.8) or combination of control measures applied to prevent or reduce a significant food safety hazard (3.40) to an acceptable level (3.1), and where action criterion (3.2) and measurement (3.26)

There are a limited number of FSSC Guidance documents available to assist with implementing and managing the FSSC 22000 Certification, including interpretation of other Scheme documents that can be downloaded here:

https://www.fssc.com...dance-documents

BRC sets the gold standard in terms of the guidance they provide but they probably need it given the extent of the requirements of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users