What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

3.5 Outsourced Processors

Started by , Today, 02:18 PM
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

Ref BRC clause 3.5.4.3

"Where any processes are outsourced, including production, manufacture, processing or storage, the risks to the product safety, authenticity and legality shall form part of the site’s food safety plan (HACCP plan)."

We use a supplier that we a) buy ingredients from in their finished form and b) send ingredients to which they process, then we receive said ingredients back to our site and continue processing before dispatching ourselves. As such they are captured in the supplier of services RA and also our general supplier approval processes.

Regarding the above clause, would you then also expect to see them captured in the HACCP RA itself? It's in the process flow as a step but not expanded on in the RA.

Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Outsourced manufacturing and packing HACCP plan BRCGS 3.5.4 Management of Outsourced Packaging v9 help - is this outsourced? Outsourced warehouse BRCGS 3.5.4 Management of Outsourced Processing and Use of 3rd Party Warehouse
[Ad]

Anything that is in the flow chart needs to be in the hazard analysis as well.  

I would include the ingredients, the outsourced process, and the processed product recieved back on the HA.

Similar Discussion Topics
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Outsourced manufacturing and packing HACCP plan BRCGS 3.5.4 Management of Outsourced Packaging v9 help - is this outsourced? Outsourced warehouse BRCGS 3.5.4 Management of Outsourced Processing and Use of 3rd Party Warehouse Outsourced processing to a site without BRC Certification Is supplied noodle and our sauce in a box an outsourced product? BRC 3.5.4.3 - outsourced processing traceability Prerequisite programs for outsourced production How to improve food safety culture when 40% of staff are outsourced?