What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

False Positive in Micro Assessment

Started by , Today, 05:45 AM
3 Replies

Hello everyone!

I have less than a year of experience in a food microbiology lab and am seeking advice from experts in the field. I’ve been tasked with addressing a non-conformance issue related to false positives for pathogens in samples, which seems to root from inadequate/poor lab techniques. This issue also involves retesting or sampling procedures. Could anyone provide guidance or share a relevant guideline that I could use as a basis for handling this situation?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Probability of Detection or False Reject Rate Analysis Rules on False Eyelashes False fingernails in a food packaging plant Wearing of False Eyelashes and Hair Clips in Production
[Ad]

;) 

is your lab fully accredited / certified? 

ask for the latest accreditation / certification and final non-conformances 

ask for laboratory methods (this should be listed on accreditation) if not ask for sampling laboratory procedures and staff training 

a full investigation shall be conducted by lab 

Can you tell us which pathogen tested false positive? 

Did the lab notify you that it was false positive? 

1 Like

How do you know it was a false positive?

3 Likes

Similar Discussion Topics
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Probability of Detection or False Reject Rate Analysis Rules on False Eyelashes False fingernails in a food packaging plant Wearing of False Eyelashes and Hair Clips in Production False positives on x-ray GMP Issues - False Eyelashes, Nails, Piercings, etc. How to determine a false reject rate acceptability threshold? False Fingernails, False eyelashes & Piercings. X-Ray False Positives