What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Detector

Started by , Yesterday, 07:57 PM
3 Replies

Hey all,

Just had a BRCGS audit. One of the NC's was that we do not test our metal detectable pens, band-aids, earplugs etc. on all four metal detectors in our confectionary - we only do it on one to test their ability. Is this legit? I could not find such requirement in BRCGS guide. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes False Positive Metal Detection Reject
[Ad]

If you have different test size pieces used on each MD, different calibration settings, or there are models/makes that are vastly different I can see this as being a valid comment.  If these do not apply then one MD should be sufficient.  Are you testing each new lot of pens, ear plugs, and plasters?  

1 Like

They differ slightly in size/settings. Yes, we test each new lot upon prior to use. 

I thought as long as all MDs are working properly (validated, calibrated) any one can be used. Isn't it like testing products on all MD's? 

The supplies (band-aids, pens, earplugs) do not say which MD it would work on and which it would not on. 

Since the MD's differ in size I would start building data that each MD is rejecting all these items. Once you have a solid case you can then use the one with the largest test size piece or least sensitive.  That way you've shown that the homework has been done and can back up why you only use one MD for the testing.      

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes False Positive Metal Detection Reject Purchased a new metal detector lately? Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Metal detector rejects