• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 PM

Hey all,

Just had a BRCGS audit. One of the NC's was that we do not test our metal detectable pens, band-aids, earplugs etc. on all four metal detectors in our confectionary - we only do it on one to test their ability. Is this legit? I could not find such requirement in BRCGS guide. 

Thank you! 

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 136 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

If you have different test size pieces used on each MD, different calibration settings, or there are models/makes that are vastly different I can see this as being a valid comment.  If these do not apply then one MD should be sufficient.  Are you testing each new lot of pens, ear plugs, and plasters?  

:coffee:

kconf

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted Yesterday, 08:12 PM

They differ slightly in size/settings. Yes, we test each new lot upon prior to use. 

I thought as long as all MDs are working properly (validated, calibrated) any one can be used. Isn't it like testing products on all MD's? 

The supplies (band-aids, pens, earplugs) do not say which MD it would work on and which it would not on. 

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 136 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Since the MD's differ in size I would start building data that each MD is rejecting all these items. Once you have a solid case you can then use the one with the largest test size piece or least sensitive.  That way you've shown that the homework has been done and can back up why you only use one MD for the testing.      

:coffee:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users