Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Hi, this may be a bit of a large question. This is for BRC Packaging Materials. 

I am working towards meeting all of the requirements for certification. I was wondering if there is a simple way I can organize, categorize and control the documents by consolidating them together. I know that there needs to be a collective document for Clause 3.1, something like a Product Safety and Quality Management System document. I wasn't sure what the purpose of this collective document was for, but I was hoping that it means I don't need the individual versions of all of the documents as well. I wasn't sure when it comes to revisions though.

This same thing would apply to my HARA documentation. I currently have at least a dozen different documents for our HARA plan, such as a document each for the process flow chart, criteria, product description, 5 different procedures, etc. Can these things be consolidated?

I think the large number of documents is overwhelming me so if there is some better way to manage this I would appreciate it. Or any advice really. Thank you.

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 910 posts
  • 302 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

Attached File  Screenshot 2024-07-23 213208.png   38.87KB   0 downloads

Hi, this may be a bit of a large question. This is for BRC Packaging Materials. 

I am working towards meeting all of the requirements for certification. I was wondering if there is a simple way I can organize, categorize and control the documents by consolidating them together. I know that there needs to be a collective document for Clause 3.1, something like a Product Safety and Quality Management System document. I wasn't sure what the purpose of this collective document was for, but I was hoping that it means I don't need the individual versions of all of the documents as well. I wasn't sure when it comes to revisions though.

This same thing would apply to my HARA documentation. I currently have at least a dozen different documents for our HARA plan, such as a document each for the process flow chart, criteria, product description, 5 different procedures, etc. Can these things be consolidated?

I think the large number of documents is overwhelming me so if there is some better way to manage this I would appreciate it. Or any advice really. Thank you.

I like to organize by the clause numbers.   I have attached some screenshots from a BRGS facility (not packaging tho).   I like to name my files with the clause number included.   This system works for me.  The down side of this method is that every few years the clauses change a bit.    I believe it also helps audit flow.   When the auditor is asking about your procedures for 3.2 - record keeping it is very easy to find.   At the beginning it also helps you to determine if you have everything covered.  

I think you can do some consolidating.   But have too long of documents could be cumbersome for someone try to find the pertinent information.   HARA (section 2) could all be consolidated together.  Most HACCP plans are one long document.  It might make sense to you to consolidate 3.1 - 3.3 into one procedure.   It wouldnt be my choice, but everyone is different.   

section 3.1 is not a collective document.   It is an assembly of all of your documents in a place.   Every policy, procedure, form, etc in a place where all who need access to retireve them.   

I hope I understood your question and this makes at least some sense.  

Attached Files

Edited by kingstudruler1, Today, 03:53 AM.

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

WorkingFromWork

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted Today, 10:33 AM

attachicon.gif Screenshot 2024-07-23 213208.png

I like to organize by the clause numbers.   I have attached some screenshots from a BRGS facility (not packaging tho).   I like to name my files with the clause number included.   This system works for me.  The down side of this method is that every few years the clauses change a bit.    I believe it also helps audit flow.   When the auditor is asking about your procedures for 3.2 - record keeping it is very easy to find.   At the beginning it also helps you to determine if you have everything covered.  

I think you can do some consolidating.   But have too long of documents could be cumbersome for someone try to find the pertinent information.   HARA (section 2) could all be consolidated together.  Most HACCP plans are one long document.  It might make sense to you to consolidate 3.1 - 3.3 into one procedure.   It wouldnt be my choice, but everyone is different.   

section 3.1 is not a collective document.   It is an assembly of all of your documents in a place.   Every policy, procedure, form, etc in a place where all who need access to retireve them.   

I hope I understood your question and this makes at least some sense.  

Thank you, this helps a lot! 

Share this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users