What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Temperature Taking for Shipping and Receiving Products

Started by , Jul 23 2024 04:55 PM
4 Replies

Hi everyone,

May I know the proper ways/ procedures to take temperature of products using infrared thermometer before shipping and at receiving? In our QC manual, it says to take temperature of 3 random boxes and record the highest. Does it have to be the same products? What if the pallets contain different types of products (combined shipments) and/or different customers (do we have to take the product per customer)?

Also, does anyone have any forms of training for temperature taking for QC?

I truly appreciate it. Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Cooler storage temperature failure Refrigerated Food transported under ambient temperature. Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation?
[Ad]

hi :) 

Please describe your products 

;) 

1 Thank

hi :) 

Please describe your products 

;)

It is Meat Processing Facility (80% frozen, 20% fresh)

I would take fresh temps by product type 

as for frozen, if all boxes regardless of type are "keep frozen"  than any random 3 should be sufficient

Are they coming on the same truck?  fresh and frozen?

1 Like1 Thank

as for frozen, if all boxes regardless of type are "keep frozen"  than any random 3 should be sufficient

Thank you for your input.

It depends. Most cases, fresh and frozen will be come in the same truck.

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Cooler storage temperature failure Refrigerated Food transported under ambient temperature. Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation? Internal temperature of Steamed Dumpling Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce?