What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can documents or records signed electronically?

Started by , Today, 12:55 AM
2 Replies

Hi there, 

May i ask if the records can be signed electronically?

For example, as a document controller, if there is any changes of documents/records,

the HOD will register the changes to me, and all the Document Change Notice were kept in my computer,.

At the signature column (prepared by and approved by), i put the electronic sign. is it okay?

And Is it necessary to print out and signed the records? 

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Releasing of Documents QA Documents for a Food Broker Keeping records of minor mistakes Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit?
[Ad]

Hi HaziraGuppy,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

As long as you control your documents and records adequately then electronic signatures are fine.

You will need to demonstrate how the system allows authorised personnel to access documents and records, how authorised personnel have access to complete records, authority levels and how approval and review are carried out.

Kind regards,

Tony

in general electronic signatures can usually be used for document control.  I am hesitant to state this becuase I dont know the laws in you country.     There needs to be protocols inplace to protect the signature.   Ie password protected, uncopiable, etc.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Releasing of Documents QA Documents for a Food Broker Keeping records of minor mistakes Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Effective Documents SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records