What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How can an importer verify a nutritonal facts table?

Started by , Yesterday, 07:47 PM
0 Reply

Hi all, 

Hoping for some advice- I work for a Canadian distributor who imports some products from the US. 

We received an email from the CFIA as they have conducted some testing on products we import and they found that one items sugar content was wrongly declared (0g declared, 0.66g found during test). 

They want to know what we do to ensure the Nutritional Facts Table is correct before distributing the products. We have a robust supplier approval scheme but adding in nutritional testing for all new items just wouldn't be feasible. It would be extremely costly and onerous to oversee as a one person department. 

What are other importers doing to meet the NFT verification requirement? 

Thanks!

Cal. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures Food Contact and non-food contact table Nutritional Facts Question CCP Table Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product HACCP Plans for Importer-Warehouse