What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Top management ask you to sign document that you don't agree

Started by , Yesterday, 04:53 PM
4 Replies

I'm the SQF of my company 

I see the something is not accurate in the ingredients, and I ask the management team to corrected base on my FDA knowledge and requirements for undeclared ingredients.

My management team want me to sign documents approving this, due to the poor knowledge and poor experience on the SQF they have.

I am preparing a training on the SQF requirements for them. and review the management commitment to make sure they understand what the requirements are.

But anyone has any suggestions on this or previous experience on a lack of cooperation on SQF.

I really appreciated 

thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System Management of suppliers of services Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Inclusion of Climate Change To Management system Standards Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173?
[Ad]

Well, actually they may not know a lot about SQF, however this is all about commiting FRAUD - tell them you will not sign off on a FRAUD.

1 Like1 Thank

Lack of cooperation/backing with SQF by management is considered a finding in the SQF code. SQF does this on purpose.

Also, I agree with SQFconsultant. Don't sign anything you don't agree with. Make one of them do it who are asking you to. 

1 Like1 Thank

Question, is it against the FDA regulations or SQF regulations. 

I don't recall them being different. If it is the FDA, then that could be a recall on their part. FDA ultimately puts the responsibility on the most senior person at the site. 

Hi GABRIELARIAS78,

The management sound like a bunch of dinosaurs   :bop:

I don’t think you need to give the management a briefing on the whole SQF Code, start with section 2.1.1 Management Responsibility (Mandatory).

A classic example of the repercussions of this sort of attitude is the PCA case:

The Parnell brothers were convicted by a federal jury on Sept. 19, 2014, of multiple counts of conspiracy, mail and wire fraud and the sale of misbranded food.  Stewart Parnell was also convicted of the introduction of adulterated food into interstate commerce.

Note that the QA Manager also got a 5 year sentence  ;)

If you don’t get a positive response then polish that CV and make an exit sharpish.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System Management of suppliers of services Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Inclusion of Climate Change To Management system Standards Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? GMP Waste Management Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Inclusion of Climate Change to Management System Standards Distribution in Allergen Management SQF Review document