What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Approving farm supplier

Started by , Today, 03:14 PM
1 Reply

I'm being asked to approve a supplier for dried ginseng root. It is a farm in Ontario, Canada that grows and dries the root and packages it for bulk sale. They do no have food party inspection and the supplier questionnaire they filled out is sparse to say the least. We know they have nice product, but they don't have a HACCP plan, or allergen control program, or glass break or anything......they are a small family run company I believe so just don't have all the procedures in place. 

Can we receive and inspect and test the product ourselves? I was thinking of visiting the farm and doing a supplier inspection?

If doing a supplier inspection, does anyone have a good checklist to use for something like this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance Procedure for Approving Contract Manufacturing Suppliers SQF 2.3.2.3 - example procedure for developing and approving specifications for ingredients, raw and packaging materials 2.3.2 developing/approving product description of incoming supplies SQF 2.3.2.3 Approving Raw and Packaging Material Specifications
[Ad]

The USA has been working on this the past few years. Assessments for farms. This may help. 

https://www.ams.usda...uditing/gap-ghp

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance Procedure for Approving Contract Manufacturing Suppliers SQF 2.3.2.3 - example procedure for developing and approving specifications for ingredients, raw and packaging materials 2.3.2 developing/approving product description of incoming supplies SQF 2.3.2.3 Approving Raw and Packaging Material Specifications Required Competencies for an Individual Approving Suppliers Does a person approving an SOP need to be then certified as a trainer? Who is responsible for approving the procedures in SQF? Minimum documents required for approving hauliers? BRC Rules regarding Creating documents and approving them and auditing